Today I had a customer who suffered from a power failure on one of their servers. After powering it on again they experienced a myriad of issues.
Most of them were quickly fixed but they could not get the network to work correctly.
It could not retrieve any DHCP information, could not ping anything on the network when configured with a static ip – even pinging 127.0.0.1 showed PING: transmit failed. General failure.
After some research I tried issuing the following command in a elevated command line prompt:
netsh winsock reset
After a reboot networking was working again!
If this helped you, please drop a comment 🙂
Incoming search terms:
- ping transmit failed general failure
- transmit failed general failure
- general failure ping in windows server 2008
- ping general failure server 2008
- ping generaln failure server 2008
- transmit failure
- windows ping transmit failed general failure 127 0 0 1