The end of 2013 is coming up fast and just 11 hours left before we call it a year and start 2014.
For me 2013 has been very exciting but also full of hard work to reach the goals I aimed for.
A quick resume of goals achieved career wise:
- Dell awarded me status as Dell TechCenter Rockstar.
- PernixData awarded me status as PernixPro.
- VMware awarded me status as VMware vExpert.
- I hosted a Veeam webinar together with Preben Berg
- Microsoft approved me as Microsoft Certified Trainer.
- VMware approved me as VMware Certified Instructor.
- I was certified as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Server Infrastructure.
- I was certified as VMware Certified Advanced Professional: Datacenter Administration.
Reaching all of these goals did not happen overnight. They all required hard and dedicated work.
Without their encouragement and support most of these goals would not have been reached.
Some times I have heard from others they think everyone else knows exactly what they are doing.
I will just right here and now clear that up. I only know there is a lot I do NOT know! I am however very curious and like to spend tons of time on small details.
This mixes quite well with my new role as an instructor. The students will ask me many different questions and on nights I will often spend hours on a very small details.
I would also like to take a moment to thank my blog sponsors:
Each and every one of them provide fantastic products!
Even if they were not sponsoring my blog, I would still recommend them.
For 2014 I have some goals I am trying to achieve.
By having them here on public display hopefully I will pace myself more to reach them all:
- Re-awarded status as Dell TechCenter Rockstar
- Re-awarded status as PernixData PernixPro
- Re-awarded status as VMware vExpert
- Achieve spot in top 50 on vSphere-Land.com Top vBlog 2014 contest
- Teach my first VMware vSphere Optimize and Scale course
- Teach my first VMware vSphere Troubleshooting Workshop course
- Become VMware Certified Instructor level 2
- Awarded VMware Certified Instructor of the quarter
- Become certified as Veeam Certified Engineer
- Become certified as Veeam Certified Trainer
- Become certified as VMware Certified Advanced Professional: Datacenter Design
- Become certified on ITIL Foundation
- Pass Microsoft exam 74-409 “Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center”
- Write a blog post review of any events/conferences I attend
Thank you for reading my blog – without the many comments I often receive here directly on my blog, but also on social medias such as LinkedIn and Twitter it would be difficult to keep up the pace.
I wish you all a prosperous 2014 – when we work together we can all reach our dreams and goals!
Which goals are you hoping to achieve in 2014?
Let me know in the comments!